SuperTiph and an Umbrella

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Kutz by Kylie

"If anyone ever writes a song about me and calls me a 'wee, little man' I'll stab them in the throat with a pencil and let them bleed to death." - Reggie Dabbs

Youth Alive last night was an excellent evening. I had a fantastic time. Let's break down the evening for all who weren't there shall we?

First up was those two male MCs. Could use a little work I think. Then again, I have seen worse. They followed (and very much shown up) by Antiskeptic. The mood was slightly but not entirely dulled by the house lights still being up (what is the go?) but they still put on a champion show and sang my wedding song "Beautiful in White". I said yesterday afternoon, "I want them to play 'Beautiful in White' at my wedding. If I get a wedding." To which Chris Webb replied, "Yeah, where do you buy those?"

More MCage and then Kulture Break. They were fun to "copy". But I was hanging out for the one and only Reggie.

When Reggie came out, with his son it was all out war of rhythm, girls versus guys. And the girls won of course. And Reggie led the girls because he loves us better. He told us about the places he was going next week and we were disappointed to hear he wasn't going to Gladstone.

If you will refer to Reggie's quote above, you will not he talks about people writing a song about him, and what he doesn't want people to say. If someone was to write a song about you, what would you want it to sound like and what kind of lyrics would you want it to include? If you had to write a song about me, what would it sound like and what kind of lyrics would it include?

7 Comments:

Blogger Ponyb said...

if it was about me, id want it to be really anthem-y, like the Top Gun Anthem, and itd have to include the word "disproportionate" at least once. failing that, itd be an acoustic song, like Joel Hockey's "Grandma Taught Me How To Kill A Cockroach". a song that doesnt build me up too much into some sort of demi-god, but still reflects my good points.

and about you? well, for old times sake (old times meaning AGMF old times), id have to put in "/‘bjutəful/" someplace, and at least two references to teen girl squad. itd probably be a ballad kinda song to the coolest and only preceptor ive ever had. the last line would be just, obviously, "veggie biiiiiiiiiiiiird?". there is nothing else that could possibly fit in, what with the beat and rythmn and timing and stuff. also, kylie from gladstone would feature in no way in my ballad, unless she agrees to open the track with "im eeeeeeeeemmmmmmooooooooooo!!!"

1:57 PM  
Blogger rhino said...

tiphs song would include the words:
llama-llama(that is one word) cheesecake, pelican, super, nanny, rocks, odd, socks, gladstone, butt, gur

8:32 PM  
Blogger rhino said...

i updated my blog.
read it. READ IT!

9:17 PM  
Blogger jess said...

alright kiddo we'll read it but only if you promise to be good and read mine =P

6:14 PM  
Blogger jess said...

by the way i heard about the late night country bumkin (my appolagies but i hear that's really what she was!!!) and that a good chuckle was had by all. keep chuckling for it shall bring great joy! :-D

6:15 PM  
Blogger Noof said...

Here's your song:

I can't sleep at night
I'm wound up tight
My stupid job
Drives me nuts, like Bob
the Tomato and Larry

*or something like that*

12:33 AM  
Blogger jess said...

nice nic, i like it =P

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home