SuperTiph and an Umbrella

Monday, April 10, 2006

London's calling - don't you dare pick up the phone

It is possible I have seen the last of the coffee shop forever. I certainly have for quite some time. You see they're renovating the week after Easter. I'm not working anymore before Easter, so I'm glad they told me about the renovating as soon as they knew. Actually, I've been picking up tid bits of information for weeks now, and I was wondering when it would all actually happen. Hopefully by the time they reopen I will be nannying. Here's hoping.

Anyway, time for a trip down memory lane. Here is a list of things of the 90s that remind me of my childhood:
Sandpits
The gap in the fence where we climbed through
wearing large bows in my hair
stick on earrings
tazos
playing Star Wars
Eating 2 minutes noodles with butter and parsley instead of the flavour
My Little Pony
Big fringes on little kids
watching the Wizard of Oz over and over and hiding when the wicked witch showed up
the tapes of play school songs (my favourite being: Hungry, hungry I am starving, table, table here I come...)
Leggings and fleecy jumper sets you'd get every winter
Coles selling clothing
Target having the cups of lollies - you used to pack in as many as you could
Bugs Bunny Pez dispensers
The Beetle Juice ride at movie world
The Edward Scissor Hands theme song
Fawlty Towers being on TV really late (probably around 8:30)
Tea Bag and the Pearls of Wisdom
The Chronicles of Narnia on television
Bath salts and those little liquid filled things that would burst when you put them in the bath
Saying "not" or "but" at the end of every sentence. We don't do that now, but.
The Bugs Bunny TV dinner sets you used to get a sticker in. McCain's I think they were. What ever happened to them?
Ice Magic on your ice cream

That's all or I'll go on forever and ever and ever. The floor is open now, hope this has sparked some memories of your childhood.

2 Comments:

Blogger Noof said...

All of the above :-) We have some great childhood memories :-) I'm going, "Yes I remember that!" Except I don't remember Coles selling clothes. But the old library in this shed near our old house......the junk shop in Marsden Park - the voice over going "Welcome to Marsden Park shopping centre" and that place that sold spring rolls opposite Coles...ah, memories.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Ponyb said...

memories of childhood of sean@ - a long awaited comment.

- sandpits in the backyard. they are so rare these days! and sandpies when there was no mud for mudpies.
- how it seemed my RC car's battery lasted for ages, when in reality it was only like, an hour.
- only having 2 sisters
- dancing to the Pointer Sisters song "jump (for my love) with my two afformentioned sisters
- "exercising" by turning chairs upside down and walking up and down them
- being scared of the vaccuum cleaner and hiding behind the couch
- wearing skivvies
- looking up to kids in grade 5, thinking they were so cool and tough
- gameboy pockets. they were so cool
- not caring what was on the radio
- playschool tapes for in the car
- disney read-along story books, also great for in the car
- a half hour car trip seeming like 4 hours
- not being allowed in the front seat
- the park right behind my house, although older kids used to always wind the swings all around the top bar so i could never get on them.
- that game on the computer that was so hi-tech and cool, jumpman
- also, the game called jumpjet
- disney vcr collection
- not being able to reach the lolly jar
- falling asleep in a cardboard box on the way to the moon
- overalls
- when mum and dad could still pick me up and carry me around
- sleeping in mum and dad's room when i was sick
- not knowing ryyarn :P
- being excited about going on a holiday to queensland, to the sunshine coast
- my pets; roscoe, buster, daisy, jojo, bimbi, mango, and all the fish that were named but i always forgot the names of
- my pet yabbies that kept eating each other. i named em after thomas the tank engine characters
- not being told i look like harry potter
- wanting a digimon
- not knowing teachers names, so calling them like, "mean teacher with black hair" and "mean teacher with glasses" and "the really nice teacher"
- not worrying about having to wake up early for stuff; i was up early anyway
- saturday disney (before it started to stink)
- marching in anzac day parades with my karate club

im out of it for now.
sean@, signing off.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home