SuperTiph and an Umbrella

Friday, May 19, 2006

And if you look to the left, you'll see...

I was going to give a mid week update, however the last topic seemed to still be attracting comments. It's surprising how quickly mid - week disappears. Nevertheless, this is my late mid week update.

I was not supposed to be working today, but last night the boss called and asked if I would do 10 - 2 and I was silly enough to say, "Yes," despite the fact I have stuff to do today. 10 - 2 might only be 4 hours, but it takes a huge chunk out of your day. I am currently printing resumes so that I may go in search of another, less difficult place to work at. You really need to get along with the people you work with to SOME degree. Anyway, enough about my usual gripe.

I have an interview on Monday for a BRAND NEW, SHINY job, so let's hope that goes well and I actually get a brand new, shiny job. Its shininess is subject to change. As is its brand newness, assuming I get the job.

But enough, I am the bearer of good tidings... now THERE'S a flash back. That was a line from my highschool's production, "Man of Steel" in 2000. That was Superman's line, and I distinctly remember one rehersal he just kept putting, "But enough" in front of every single one of his lines in scene 1. It was hysterical.

Okay, here's the topic this time. Despite all my ramblings about jobs and memories, here is the discussion material, which oddly enough is a combination of memories and jobs. Sort of. Is there anything you've always wanted to do, and have either acheived it or are still waiting to acheive it? For instance, I have known since I was 11 years old that I wanted to be a youth leader. We had a separate program for years 6 and 7 and I loved it to pieces, I loved the leaders to pieces and I knew I wanted to be a leader for a youth group one day. Throughout my years attending various youth groups I always held close to the dream, but for some reason hoped that a different youth group, a "perfect" youth group would be the place where I would be a leader. Thanks to God's sense of timing and humour I am a leader at one80, and while I see room for growth and improvement, it's just sensational the way it is. It might sound superficial, but it's true.

So what about you?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ponyb said...

dream goals eh? well, these next couple of things arent so much dreams as they are goals i'd like to achieve/things i'd really like to do.
i want to visit israel, particularly jerusalem.
i want to visit urkraine and russia: a train tour of kiev - moscow - st petersburg.
i want to start my own t-shirt company.

the closest thing to a dream i have would be moving to a smaller town with my beautiful wife and family one day, and serving God in some sort of youth ministry there.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Lerchy said...

i will say what i said on seany's

1/ eat a muffin
2/ meet gir

oh rock on youth ministry!! thats one of my dreams
or open up like a place for teens to hang out like pool tables x-boxes, ps2's and stuff like that and run a youth ministry from it also and all this in like a small country town of a couple thousand or something thats a dream i think

12:15 PM  
Blogger Ponyb said...

woohoo! i got the coveted next comment on the supertiphs blog! good thing i checked the one80 site this morning so i could beat the rush!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home