SuperTiph and an Umbrella

Sunday, April 22, 2007

When did my life become a G rated movie?

Greetings from the West coast on this blustery Saturday afternoon. Today is Earth Day. I don't exactly know what that means, but the day has been labelled Earth Day and I am enjoying some time off and the host family is off at the park with some celebrationery type thing going on.

I love it here in California. I've made a couple of friends so far and tomorrow I hope to go church shopping. I do have a meeting with my new coordinator, but that shouldn't interfere with my checking out of churches.

On Thursday I went for a walk down the next street to see a film crew setting up for what we think was the set of one of the CSI shows. They even film some of CSI Miami here in California. Nothing like staying true to the location hey?

Calling home last night, I've been informed that my accent has not diminished, so to all those people who threatened to inflict bodily harm upon my return should I return with an american accent, you may not need to.

Disneyland is on the cards for this coming Friday, depending on weather and the behaviour of the children, but here's hoping I get to experience the happiest place on earth (I sincerely doubt that it is any kind of flop, Sean Taylor). Still, at the end of my year I do hope to visit Disney World so I can take in some of the epcot centre and all the joys that holds.

Other than that, the children have been pretty good, as good as you can expect 3 year olds to be and this family is very lovely. I am enjoying myself greatly.

That's me for another week, let me know what you've been up to.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ponyb said...

ive just done two full 8 hour days of work, excluding unpaid breaks. and i have an early start in the morn to be an actor in bec boots' school film project. and i'm watching a show about a smalltown scottish cop who is trying to avoid promotion, look after his little dog "wee jock", whilst solving the odd crime or two that pop up along the way.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home