SuperTiph and an Umbrella

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

My Pillow Person is a Sophisticated Companion

20 hours in the Mustard Mobile. 11 strangers. 8 days paid vacation. 6 and a half hours on a plane. 2 hours in the ticket line. 0 showers. 1 amazing week.

Cornerstone - the filthiest fun a person can have.

I can scarcely begin to describe the joy that comes from the realisation of a long - term dream to visit the greatest music festival on the planet. There's so much that goes on that you simply can't put into words. There isn't a single shred of disappointment in me and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat (as I plan to do as soon as is possible).

I can't list every band I saw, but here's a rough idea: psalters, neocracy, war of ages, august burns red, as cities burn, becoming the archetype, showbread, inhale exhale, the showdown, flatfoot 56, FBS, the filthy 42s, the scurvies, ilia, sunday morning headbangers (don't ask me why, I was just following the crowd), bride, disciple, mewithoutyou, anberlin, skillet, emery, norma jean, the devil wears prada and underoath. Relient K's bus ignited and Kids in the Way broke up, otherwise they'd be on the list also.

All my rocking new 'stoner friends get a mention for being uber cool: Mary - Cornerstone's greatest cook, Photographer Phil, James with the voice for cartoons, Colby - Colorado's only Jewish oompa loompa out of captivity, Randy (Tex, Mack, David, Hector...) man of a million names, Travis - who never quite got thrown in the lake, Terry the Jedi and greatest marshmallow toaster, Katie "WHAT?! Oh well...", Rachel "Tiph, you know everything. Shut up", Straight edge Tsymen - we get each other cos our names both start with T, Paco - destroyer of hammocks and bestest punk rocking music advisor, and last, but absolutely never least: pimp of the program and demander of time, lording over the camp from his elevated hammock - Relient Kelvin.

Never in wildest dreams could I have imagined having such fun outside of Australia, but there you have it. I guess the only thing left to do is say, "NO!!" and go and bite into a cow.

5 Comments:

Blogger Noof said...

Sounds soooo fun!!

Haha - guess I am destined never to come into some form of personal contact with Relient K....

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey tiph!!!
that sounds like so much fun!!!! i'm coming next time!
hehe
it's my birthday today!
i'm going to go get a facial. i've never had one before!
sorry i havent looked at your blog in ages....
i'll write you an email!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Missus Upton said...

Wow, lol sounds like you had heaps of fun!

You're a lucky girl. Lol.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY TIPH!!! I'm Back! I finally got mum to get the internet. America sounds fun. I havent heard from george in ages, he must be really angry at me:( Miss you! From mintie. (i have to be anonymous because i cant remember my username and password)

7:05 PM  
Blogger Ponyb said...

mmm...cows taste yummy.
sounds like an absolute blast!! the whole Cornerstone thing that is, not the cow eating. an email should be polluting your inbox in the next few days old buddy.
neophytical love and tigers in a cheese song!

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home