SuperTiph and an Umbrella

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Look, I don't know what I'm talking about and there isn't a person in this room who can tell me I do

Did someone say nachos? Yep, that's right, I can upload pictures now, and I have a million billion, so you're not going to see them all on my blog. However, this one is for my favourite breadtangle (my only breadtangle). I saw this my first full day in the US and just had to take a photo.


I got a bit lost driving today, but it's all a part of the experience. I have done sooooooooo much driving, it's just not funny. I'm sure all the other motorists are scared out of their minds, not that any of them drive well either. They take no notice of speed limits (rendering them speed suggestions), and they believe that they are the most important people on the road. Mothers picking up kids in 4WDs are the worst. The ones in Australia are tame in comparison.


American food is growing on me a little. There are subtle differences in everything, and the bread is really sweet. I hope I don't get used it, I like the bread at home. I really like American ice cream. The type we buy is sold in pints, and they're managable enough to be eaten by a single person. I'll let you know when I devour a whole one in a sitting. I'm waiting to feel really, really homesick before I do that. (I ate Maccas in the heart of New York. Am I tragic enough for you? They call that a "medium" meal>>>>>)



Speaking of homesick, I'm surprised I haven't really felt it that badly. I woke up the other morning and wanted to be at home, but that was just because I didn't want to be responsible for waking up 3 grouchy teenagers (no Mum, I was not as bad getting out of bed as these kids are). Other than that I'm starting to plan the places I will go and the things I will see. Cornerstone is looking promising.

Thanks Mum and Dad for sending my stuff. It got here this morning.



Ella, the Brown's last Au Pair has been helping me out this week, and today she left to go and visit her brother in London. She was really good, but now I'm flying solo. We'll see how I go. The kids are good enough if you aren't waking them up for school in the morning.



Now, I'm used to being told I look quite young. In fact people guess my age as about 15 or 16, which is fine by me, but yesterday and today I have faced both extremes in people questioning my age. Yesterday the children's grandfather asked me if I went to school with Caroline (who is 11). I've never been told I looked that young. Then, not 2 hours ago I was asked if I was Elizabeth's mother (Liz is 15). This is one bizarre country.



So that's what I've been up to of late. I guess there's not much else to say except:


11 Comments:

Blogger Lerchy said...

sweet US is treating you well and that burger looked big too and if you dont mind explaining exactly what the nachoes were, were they make it yourself at home ro what anyway hope your having fun and spreading the breadtangle antics acros the US

8:43 PM  
Blogger Ponyb said...

i totally agree with everything the iguana says. that is a huge medium meal. what kind of car are you driving? what are the funny phone numbers like? sounds like it's going good for you mate. keep well and we miss you, but will get over it (when you come home).

9:25 PM  
Blogger jess said...

tiph found funny food! i'm so proud. sweet buns huh? i think i woudl not be able to stomach american maccas (which would be a shame cause i like maccas)

but will you miss our good ol' aussie food?

8:44 AM  
Blogger Missus Upton said...

lol, thats one big maccas meal...

It's funny though, you don't even need to leave Aus to get weird tasting food. Even in adelaide the maccas and KFC taste totally different.

Yeah, like lerchy said, whatre the nachoes?? (well, obviously, theyre nachoes...but you know what i mean...i hope)

ah well, keep enjoyin yaself!! we'll miss ya at one80 on friday!!!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Lesley said...

hehe... your funni. i miss you... i'm going to try and steal your chair from chris tomorrow night! (being wednesday... not tuesday...) hahaha. tonight being tuesday i have a training thing for colouring hair! ooo la-di-da!
are the nacho's lunchables?
i think thats what the packet reads....hehehe
are the small meals like a medium? if so thats awesome because it would be way cheaper!!! and still filling.
love you tiph! and see the rest of you on friday except jess who i see most of the time becuase shes super kool!
muwha!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Ponyb said...

wrong, lesley!
you'll see me on wednesday! unless of course you were lying when you said you were going to try and steal chris' chair.

either way, i glean from your comment that'll you be there, and just forgot that i'll be there too.

i went for a jog this morning. immediately afterwards i was like "i am never doing that again" but now i want to. actually doing some excercise feels good.

but for now, i'm off to ellaways music on compton road!

11:08 AM  
Blogger SuperTiph said...

Pfft, uni students and their free time. Everyone make fun of Sean@ he's a uni student in LOGAN!! (note to all: I no longer live in logan, but in fact in the richest town in the world).

Tigers in a Cheese Song.

P.S. Yes, the nachos are lunchables.

3:39 AM  
Blogger jess said...

there's nothing wrong with Logan. it's a very nice campus and it's hard to get lost there (although i will admit that i did)

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can sympathise. Getting young people out of bed in the morning is one of life's more difficult challenges - and I should know! How about a nice loud alarm clock? Miles' Christmas present is working very well - there is no way he is going to miss that bus. Love you.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Shadow said...

Good to see your still alive, tiph.

that maccas meal looked MASSIVE! dont they have 'large' and 'jumbo' as well? i dread to think how big THOSE meals are.. least over there the maccas would actually fill carl for once...

have fun!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Noof said...

I can comment again! Wootable!

I posted Frullet's agmf ticket to him yesterday, so he should get it today.

I posted Japan pics on my blog too.

When I finish room arrangements I'll take a photo and email that too. (Nothing major, promise!)

Love Nicola

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home