SuperTiph and an Umbrella

Monday, June 05, 2006

Coming to a cinema near you

Thanks to all who came on Saturday night to celebrate me getting older. It was fun.

I've been thinking of late about a lot of things, but I've been contemplating some things about Jesus' life. Jesus wasn't here very long by anyone's standards. 33 is a young age to die, admit it. The majority of his work was done after he turned 30. This is comforting and disturbing at the same time.

Jesus was illustrating that life on earth is a blink of an eye in comparison to eternity. We're hear one minute and gone the next. But what we do in that time is so important. Usually I'd panic at that thought and think, "I'm wasting time, I don't have long, we don't get that long on earth to do things right." But that's when Jesus second illustration comes into play. In 3 years Jesus changed the world. A mere 3 years. And He didn't start the majority of His work until He turned 30. I'm only 17, I have time. God's timing is perfect. It's just right. Up until He was 30 He was laying the right foundations. He went to church, He made friends, He was obedient. From time to time He spoke His mind and shook a few people up. I can do that. I can lay foundations, I can go to church, make friends, be obedient. I'll stand up and speak my mind when He says to. I can wait for God, because I love Him. There's a reason Paul put, "Love is patient" first on the list.

Don't waste time, but don't be so concerned about conserving time that you miss the stuff life is made of. Go with the flow, enjoy the moment. Think about the future, don't obsess about the future. Don't worry, be happy. Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. Hold onto Jesus, you'll be just fine. Big kids cry too. God will always have another hug for you.

The ball is in your court.

13 Comments:

Blogger z said...

*Sob* can i cry?
hehe nah how was you bday +
HAPPI BDAY TIPH
for saturday
cyah im gunna go for a swim

8:12 PM  
Blogger Ponyb said...

ah yes, the beauty of timelessness. the way God has every single little detail in His plan for me totally has me stoked. whatever may happen, its all gonna fall into place and His plan for me is going to be better than anything i can ever imagine. even if my life is planned out to not make it to 30 even, God's timing is right on the mark. everything that needs to happen, will. its all gonna be okaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy.

tommorrow: UPDATE AT MY JEKE!!! BE THERE! OR BE AWARE....that it is updated, and you can check it out anytime...
*cough*

10:25 PM  
Blogger z said...

Magic Mug cakes RULE
ima try get some more some time

I wanna join the tiph mafia !
am i still in the 850 gazillion?
or do i owe you money?

12:14 PM  
Blogger z said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:14 PM  
Blogger z said...

p.s school computers are dum and broken im sorry or DOUBLEposting

L8a

12:16 PM  
Blogger SuperTiph said...

It's okay, ruler of the SuperTiph Mafia has the power to remove double postage, as I have just demonstrated.

You are still withing the 850 gazillion and you owe me no money. But you do have to answer this entry question: Do you love people and/or chocolate?

4:16 PM  
Blogger Ponyb said...

ooh, i do! i do! im i within the count of 850 gazill?

7:00 PM  
Blogger Missus Upton said...

lol, im lost...what is all this about 850 gazillion??? heh, i should really check out you guyses jekes more often... (sean n tiph)

7:11 PM  
Blogger SuperTiph said...

The 850 gazillion people are explained on Harry's blog, one you happen to frequent. So, you have no excuse and now Sean@ will attack you with 8 million babies.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Missus Upton said...

nooo! not the 8 million babies!!

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry i missed your birthday mate! kirsty didnt go so i had no transport. I was just sitting at home and was at your party in my mind. It was awesome fun!

3:52 PM  
Blogger SuperTiph said...

Your darn right it was awesome fun.

4:18 PM  
Blogger z said...

OOOH!
i luv chocolate and the other one!

or maybe just chocolate

Chocolate...
Choc... OLat

Mmmm Scuse me i need to umm go yes that choc sort of late stuff yumm gosh my chocolate brain is fighting my tummy for supremecy yummmy over my fingers GO GO NOW GET SOME CHOCOLATE!!!
AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
By tiph and evry1 else i need some chocolate

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home