SuperTiph and an Umbrella

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Scheduled outrage at 4:00 PM

I just read an alert on blogger that says: Scheduled outage at 4:00PM PDT. Thanks to my superior knack for finding humour in ridiculous places, I thought it said "outrage" not "outage". I thought that was amusing because I found it very courteous of the blogger people to let us know that they had scheduled their outrage, then I read it again and realised what it really said and I laughed at my stupidity.

Anyways, I didn't get a weekly update in on time because a) I have a little too much inspiration, and I need to pick just one topic to blog about, as apposed to a billion and eight; b) our computer got a virus on Tuesday and I haven't had computer access until yesterday afternoon and c) I was curious to see if any of you would have the guts to update song me. I'm a little upset that none of you did.

So, let's see what my fingers come up with when they get in touch with my brain and together they are an unstoppable blogging force.

Last night at the one80 leader's meeting there was a bit of talk using the phrase "what if". Alright, the full story is I said I wasn't going to do something because it's too close to when I want to go to America and then a "what if you don't go", "well what if I do go" type banter errupted.

It got me to thinking about some really ridiculous "what ifs".

What if we couldn't sneeze?
What if you had to go to university to get on tv at all? (we'd either erradicate reality tv, or make it worse like: "Survivor - Chemistry lab")
What if rollercoasters had laws of physics unto themselves?
What if governments had to go through as much red tape to change petrol prices as citizens go through to get a home loan?
What if we went back to the barter system?

These are just a few to ponder. Tell me about your best what ifs.

5 Comments:

Blogger SuperTiph said...

Comments attract comments

Level 3

1:17 PM  
Blogger Shadow said...

comment! i'll have to think of some "what ifs" while im doing my chemestry prac...

5:51 PM  
Blogger Ponyb said...

what if...

our iguana isnt really an iguana at all, but a peacock?

magnets attracted EVERYThING that was in least bit metallic?

alfred nobel didnt invent dynamite?

we still had not yet discovered pennicllin?

our parents ACTUALLY MEAN IT when they say "one day you'll thank me for this"?

spontaneous combustion was incredibly common as opposed to incredibly rare?

the update song was slowly killing the human race?

go ponder....

10:47 AM  
Blogger jess said...

in the barter system you bargin with the person for the price of the goods.

an example would be when we went to fiji and dad went to buy this bag and the lady says, "$20"
"no" dad says "10"
lady: "18"
dad: "10"
lady "17"
dad "12"
etc etc

11:08 AM  
Blogger SuperTiph said...

Close Jess, that's bargaining.

The barter system is where you swap a product or service for another product or service. So for instance, back in the really old days, Fred says, "I'll wash all the windows in your house if you'll give me two goats." Bill says, "Sure."

Level 3

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home