SuperTiph and an Umbrella

Monday, June 12, 2006

In the Spirit of the Occasion...

I went and saw "Cars" with Lesley yesterday. Fantastic film. Highly recommended. Go see it. It got me to thinking about stuff that inspires people. I always wanted to write a movie that inspired people to go out and do something BIG. I still do. I doubt I will, but everyone has to have a seemingly impossible dream. I just have more than most, and I try to acheive mine.

I finally started wondering why I was so dead keen to inspire people. I don't know that I've come up with any kind of a decent answer, but I have got a better idea now. I think.

I know that inside of everybody is an amazing amount of potential. Nothing fills me with greater happiness than seeing people tap into that and discover it for themselves. (When I say nothing, I mean not much else). Nothing makes me more upset than to see people who simply believe they aren't worth anything. My heart breaks for these people. They haven't found their potential yet. But I know it's there. God knows it's there. He put it there.

I found for myself that I was never satisfied knowing other people until I had a good idea about myself and my Creator. I lead a very satisfying life. It hurts sometimes, it can be upsetting, but at the end of the day I can sit down and know that I can't count my blessings, because there are too many to number, so I just say thanks for the lot.

I want people to discover this kind of thing for themselves. No one can give this kind of discovery to you, you have to find it yourself. But things, events and people can prompt the discovery. I want to be a prompter. Like I said, I love seeing people use their potential. It's the best. Part of my potential is helping others use there's. So I get a pay off from the whole ordeal too.

I don't know if any of that makes sense, but it does to me and that's really all I can ask. Know God, know yourself, love others. Kind of sums it up I suppose.

8 Comments:

Blogger z said...

ive always thought that as well...
strange the fact that so many of us dont understand the sheer potential we contain, it used to make me jealous watching say someone who has potential in running, so i would go try "beat them at there own game" but id lose then think im worthless of inferior, then i realised that this dude had about the same potential as i did when it came to computers as a goldfish, thats when i realised that everyone is different, talents, skills, POTENTIAL , however i think i just mixed skills and potential... hold on you need potential to fuel skills so i guess its all in line
anyway hope that made sum sort of sence and not wasted 5 minutes of your life Hehe

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For ages i thought that i was completely worthless. I got really depressed and didnt put effort into anything i did cos i thought it wouldnt make the slightest bit of difference if i tried... but then god showed me this verse i cant rememeber what it was but ill look it up sometime. anyway it just showed me that god has something planned for our lives and even though we dont know what it is we should put the best effort into everything we do because it will make a difference. I sometimes go back into those "worthless" stages like just recently but god always puts me back on my feet somehow. Wow your post has inspired harry and me to write long comments! well done!
And remember "fight for the Caniadian beef stew conspiracy" We must keep it alive. Good on ya.
*does saras army salute*
peace out.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Ponyb said...

potential, plans and purpose. the three P's sum it up great i reckon.
1. God has given us potential to achieve great things for Him
2. God has plans for each and everyone of us, beyond our comprehension in how they affect this world
3. God has purpose for us all.

All we have to do is seek to please Him, and he will guide us towards these three P's.

... And the rest will follow

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can i have a u?... U!!
Can i have a p?... P!!
Can i have a d?... D!!
Can i have a a?... A!!
Can i have a t?... T!!
Can i have a e?... E!!
And what does it spell?...ummmm
Anyway *insert update song here*
i think its time that you updated your blog cos it took me a while to write that!

4:50 PM  
Blogger SuperTiph said...

Sara, it's blog comment etiquette to not whinge about an update until there hasn't been a new post for over a week. It has not been over a week yet. Stay tuned, I'm trying to cook up something good. All the pressure is on me to think up a good subject because it gets revamped and rehashed on Sean@'s, sometimes Lerchy's and sometimes even Harry's and Angie's. I have to actually think about what I post. And it's on its way. Take a chill pill. But don't do drugs.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Shadow said...

heh... I often feel like im worthless. If someone's upset, or something's wrong with their life... I feel so worthless because I feel like I can't help them... That and I feel as though I have no 'special abilities'... I'm no good at sport, I'm no good at communicating with people etc.. But then I remember that God delieberatly made me how I am. God has given everyone, including myself, has potential.Its just that lots of people havn't found their full potential yet.. I don't think I have. But now I realise that it dosn't matter that I havn't found my full/real potential yet... It will be revieled when God says the time is right.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Missus Upton said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

I still feel worthless sometimes, it's a weird thing, cos everyone else always tells you how great you are. I guess the thing that Ijust have such trouble with is that God loves me for me - like right here right now, God loves me. With all my stuff ups, with all my wasted potential, with all my ugly flaws, He loves me. I still can't wrap my head around it.

As for inspiring people, I've got the same desire tiph :) Thats why I love teaching so much I think. To see people fall in love with learning and just gain a passion for something, anything, to have a desire for God and His plans for them (not to harm but to prosper) I get excited. I just feel for those who don't have their passion yet - I want to help them find it :)

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home