SuperTiph and an Umbrella

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Maybe you don't see the crown on my head

Well, well, well, what to say about Hume Lake? It was FANTASTIC!

I was in charge of a cabin of 8 girls, many of whom were 'sons'. The surnames of 5 of the girls in my cabin ended in 'son': Watson, Richardson, Hutchinson, Wilkerson and Thompson. Unbelievable. They were a lively bunch, and we played many rousing games of cards (the best of course being agressive spoons with the rec leader Megan and our lead counsilor, Amy). Other exciting events in our cabin included vegemite tasting and the building of our anti-terrorist teepee. This was supplimented by the "sarah-ists" jumping into my bed every night as soon as the lights were out.

Chapel was twice a day, rec was every morning and free time every afternoon. During free time I engaged in such activities as the high ropes course where I managed to score a technicoloured rope burn and meet Chris: Camp Champ from Oregon (and the other peoples from Oregon too); and also the wonder that is the blob. The blob is situated on the pond and is a large, inflatable, sausage type thing that is anchored at the edge of the pond beneath a platform and stretches out to the middle of the body of water. One very suspecting fool jumps off the platform and crawls to the end of the blob that is in the middle of the pond and then, once settled, their partner launches of the platform and lands on the blob beneath the platform, causing the person on the other end to be catapulted into the sky and wind up in the freezing water below. I challenge you to find a more amusing way to employ air, water and some vinyl.

For recreation we were split into 28 sub teams, and 2 large teams (with 14 sub teams each). My large team was the blue team: Ingimar (the theme was vikings) and our sub team got the very coolest team name imaginable: Haasg-um-Dumpkin. Out of 11 weeks of camp, the staff had never heard a decent war cry come from the Haasg-um-Dumpkin team, but our's were sensational.

"Haasg-um-Dumpkin is hyphenated, everyone else is overrated!!"

"It's Haasg-um-Dumpkin time, Haasg-um-Dumpkin time, Haasg-um-Dumpkin, Haasg-um-Dumpkin, Haasg-um-Dumpkin and a viking axe!"

Apart from that is was genrally an awesome camp week, which left me exhausted and happy as Loony Larry (or Crazy Larry as PJ put it in his last message). I purchased the Mega DVD that has some great pictures and video footage, and I will post some of my own pictures shortly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ponyb said...

"The Blob" eh? Sounds entertainingly interesting...

This was a pretty good insight to the phenomenon that is "Summer Camp" in the USA. I was reading a book where some guy spent MILLIONS building one.

As an Aussie, I don't get it. I just don't.

The Christian Hot Rod and Customs Club came to VACC for Father's Day today. It was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Noof said...

I miss you!

Of course your team would come up with an awesome warcry ;-)

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home