SuperTiph and an Umbrella

Monday, October 02, 2006

Tigers in a Cheese Song

I made the comment to Luke Harris (who incidentally, just signed into msn as I typed that, incredible sense of timing that fellow), that his blog was, in a word "boring". This shocked and upset him greatly, so in an effort to reedeem myself, everyone go and read his blog and make up your own mind (link's over the side somewhere). His latest post is better.

Good to hear all the Outbreakers got home safely. Not impressed to see that Hayhoe is not tattooed. I guess we're even because he gave me a bit of chewing out for not going on Outbreak. You see, had I been on Outbreak Hayhoe would have been tattooed, keeping me happy, and I would have been on Outbreak, keeping Hayhoe happy and we'd all be happy.

That aside, I discovered something at work today. When I first started at my current workplace they did this big booklet on workplace health and safety. Part of that involves how to climb ladders safely and correctly. Technically you aren't supposed to stand on the top or second top tread of the ladder. Today I actually took notice of the sticker on the second top tread that said, "Do not stand on or above this tread. You could lose your balance." I pondered, "Couldn't you technically lose your balance on any tread, or even just standing on the ground?"

Tell me what you've all been up to!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ponyb said...

we've got those stickers on all our stepladders at work too, and when we were first inducted, they made a big deal of the toys r us ladder policy: choosing the right ladder for the job and not going on or past that sticker. one manager, tom, even said that if he had things his way, we wouldnt be allowed to go up past where our waist is level with the top step.

so much for that. as long as the ladder is tall enough, we use it and we dont care where we stand on it. it's soooooooooo dodgy sometimes.

but to the main question, the simple answer is yes. yes you can. exhibit A: pretty much all the bumbling goofs at one80.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Ponyb said...

*shrek voice* where is everybody?

5:16 PM  
Blogger SuperTiph said...

Good question. And now, an update.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home